Written by Aaron Sigmond and Mark Bernardo, with a foreword by New York Timesâ€™ Clive Cussler, SEA TIME: Watches Inspired by Sailing, Yachting, and Diving explores the ties between the nautical and watchmaking world from marine chronometers, regatta chronographs to popular dive watches.
This lavishly illustrated coffee-table book SEA TIME looks at over 100 modern and vintage nautical-inspired mechanical watches with details about their history, inspiration and technical specifications. Chapters include â€œThe Iconsâ€, presenting some of the most legendary dive watches, â€œDive watchesâ€ or â€œSailing and Regatta watchesâ€. The list of portraits presents watches such as the Rolex Submariner, Omega Seamaster, Blancpain Fifty Fathoms, Panerai Luminor, Doxa Sub 300â€¦ and many more! In short, all you need to know about watches inspired by the deep blue yonder.
Published by Rizzoli, Sea Time is part of a watch book trilogy, together with Drive Time: Watches inspired by Automobiles, Motorcycles and Racing and the forthcoming Airtime.
As Fatherâ€™s Day is approaching, if your dad (or yourself) is into watches and diving or nautical activities, SEA TIME will make a perfect gift.
SEA TIME: Watches Inspired by Sailing, Yachting, and Diving
- By Aaron Sigmond and Mark Bernardo
- Foreword by Clive Cussler and essays by James Lamdin, Xavier Markl, and Jacob Sotak, with an Afterword by Blake Buettner; and Principal photography by Peter Eaton Gurnz
- Hardcover 10â€ x 12.5â€ / 240 pages / 150 color and B&W photographs
- Price: USD 85.00
- ISBN: 978-0-8478-6316-7 / Rizzoli New York / Release date: June 2019
- Â© SEA TIME: Watches Inspired by Sailing, Yachting, and Diving by Aaron Sigmond and Mark Bernardo, Rizzoli New York, 2019.